In this post we’ll go over the best international banks with branches worldwide.
If you’re living and working abroad, or you travel often, you’ll want to consider an international bank account with a wide network of physical branches. Having a brick-and-mortar location to go to for your banking needs has its perks. You can easily deposit funds, avoid expensive foreign transaction fees, and ask detailed questions in person.
See our bank offers page for more offers. Top offers can be found from Chase Bank, HSBC Bank, Aspiration, TD Bank, BMO Harris, Bank of America and many more.
Other banking guides for expats, digital nomads and those traveling internationally:
HSBC’s international physical presence is massive, with approximately 4,000 branches and offices in 65 countries and territories around the world. The bank provides several globetrotter-friendly services, including the ability to send money via wire transfer fee-free as well as move funds between HSBC accounts in multiple countries. If you’re relocating to another country, they’ll even let you open an account before you arrive.
HSBC Bank Premier Checking accountholders enjoy:
- No annual fees.
- No ATM fees worldwide.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Up to 10 different currencies in your account, with no currency exchange markup.
- Apple Pay and Google Pay compatibility.
- Emergency cash up to $10,000, should your wallet be lost or stolen.
- Premier customer support 24/7.
To qualify for the Premier account, you must:
- Maintain a minimum balance of $75,000 in linked accounts with the bank, or
- Have monthly third-party direct deposits of at least $5,000, or
- An HSBC U.S. residential mortgage loan with an original loan amount of at least $500,000.
[Expired] HSBC Bonus: $500 Premier Checking Account Offer
- What you’ll get: $500 bonus
- Where it’s available: Offer only available online, nationwide.
- How to earn it:
- Receive a $500 Welcome Deposit for eligible new customers who open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete the following qualifying activities.
- Open your new HSBC Premier checking account online, using the offer page, by June 30, 2022; and
- Make recurring monthly Qualifying Direct Deposits totaling at least $10,000 from a third party to your HSBC Premier checking account(s) for 3 consecutive calendar months from the second full calendar month after account opening.
- You will automatically receive the $500 Welcome Deposit in your new HSBC Premier checking account approximately eight weeks after completing all qualifying activities.
- Please note: The minimum monthly direct deposit requirement for the $500 Welcome Deposit Offer is different from the Premier Relationship minimum monthly direct deposit requirement.
- When it expires: 6/30/2022
The information for the HSBC Premier Checking Account has been collected independently by MoneysMyLife. The product details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the bank.
Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC. The information, including rates and fees, presented in the review is accurate as of the date of the review. Please refer to issuer website and application for the most current information.
If you don’t meet Premier qualifications, then you should look into opening an HSBC Bank Advance Checking account, which features surcharge-free HSBC ATM withdrawals and up to four non-HSBC ATM rebates every month.
|REGION||COUNTRIES WITH HSBC BRANCHES|
|North & Latin America||Argentina, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Panama, Peru, United States, Uruguay, Virgin Islands|
|Europe||Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Channel Islands, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland|
|Africa & Middle East||Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Israel, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritius, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, UAE|
|Asia-Pacific||Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Macau, Maldives, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan|
Citibank boasts over 1,800 branches overseas, with a particularly robust presence in Mexico (operated by its subsidiary Banamex). The bank provides a wide ATM network of approximately 45,000 machines across 30 countries. With a Citibank International Personal Bank Account, you’ll be able to make free international transfers to other Citi accounts, and have foreign currencies delivered the next day to your home, office or closest Citibank branch. Other highlights include:
- No monthly or yearly fees*
- No set-up costs
- No ATM fees worldwide**
- No foreign transaction fees
- International toll-free customer service number
*Minimum balance requirement.
**Owner ATM fees may still apply.
|REGION||COUNTRIES WITH CITIBANK BRANCHES|
|North & Latin America||Canada, Chile, Mexico, United States|
|Europe||Ireland, United Kingdom, Poland, Russia|
|Africa & Middle East||Bahrain*, Egypt, United Arab Emirates|
|Asia-Pacific||Australia*, China*, Hong Kong, India*, Indonesia*, Macau, Malaysia*, Philippines*, Singapore, South Korea*, Taiwan*, Thailand*, Vietnam*|
*Please note: Citigroup made an announcement in April 2021 that they will discontinue consumer banking in Australia, Bahrain, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Poland, Russia, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
Charles Schwab offers 360 branches around the world, primarily in the United States and the United Kingdom. The High Yield Investor Checking Account reimburses all ATM fees you incur, and it doesn’t charge any foreign transaction fees, either. Other features include:
- No monthly or yearly fees
- No minimum balance requirement
- 24/7 online customer support chat
|REGION||COUNTRIES WITH CHARLES SCHWAB BRANCHES|
|North & Latin America||Canada, United States|
|Africa & Middle East||–|
Fidelity Investments runs 46 offices across 27 countries, including the UK and Ireland, India, Germany and Canada. If you have an investment account with Fidelity, you can use your Cash Management Account debit card to withdraw cash with unlimited ATM fee reimbursements worldwide. You’ll also enjoy:
- No account fees or minimums.
- Wide ATM access to more than one million ATMs worldwide.
- A relatively small foreign transaction fee (1%) for non-U.S. dollar transactions.
- 24/7 support via phone, as well as live chat and Twitter.
|REGION||COUNTRIES WITH FIDELITY BRANCHES|
|North & Latin America||Bermuda, Canada, United States|
|Europe||Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, United Kingdom|
|Africa & Middle East||–|
|Asia-Pacific||China, Hong Kong, India, Japan|
Best International Banks With Branches Worldwide By Region
|REGION||BEST BANKS WITH BRANCHES WORLDWIDE|
|North America||HSBC, Citibank, Fidelity, Charles Schwab|
|Latin America||HSBC, Santander, Citibank|
|Europe||HSBC, Credit Agricole, Santander, Barclays, Standard Chartered, Charles Schwab|
|Africa||HSBC, Societe Generale, Attijariwafa|
|Asia-Pacific||HSBC, Standard Chartered, Bank of China, ICBC|
Wise (formerly Transferwise) lets you transfer money internationally. It’s quickly becoming the alternative to PayPal, thanks to its low and transparent fees at true mid-market exchange rates. Currently, you can send money to over 70 countries and receive money from 40+ countries, across more than 45 currencies. Compare it with other top money transfer services.
Wise Promotion: Free International Transfer Offer
Use our referral link below (thanks ahead of time!) to get a free international transfer of up to £500.
Once you have an account open you can start making referral bonus money as well.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings