As of September 20, 2021, the AARP® Credit Card from Chase is no longer valid. It is being replaced with 3 new AARP Credit Cards from Barclays. See the best current credit card bonuses here.
The AARP Credit Card from Chase has a $100 bonus cash back introductory offer. Consider other cash back cards if you want a better welcome bonus.
The AARP card is a good choice if you spend plenty at restaurants or at the pump. You’ll earn 3% cash back in these two categories. That’s above the going rate for most credit cards with no annual fee.
Although designed for AARP members, anyone can apply. Even if you haven’t hit 50 yet.
AARP Credit Card $100 Bonus Cash Back
Take advantage of the $100 bonus cash back offer. To qualify, charge at least $500 to your card within the first 3 months of opening your account.
This is just an okay bonus compared to other cards with no annual fee.
Here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirement.
AARP Credit Card Top Features
Drive to End HungerRewards Redemption
Not only will you earn rewards with the AARP card, you’ll also take part in doing good as well. Each time you charge your restaurant purchase to your card, Chase will donate $0.10 to the AARP Foundation in support of Drive to End Hunger.
The purpose of this initiative is to:
- Raise awareness about the problem of food insecurity among older adults
- Meet the immediate food needs of hungry seniors
- Work to establish permanent solutions to end senior hunger
The rewards you earn on the AARP card come in the form of points. These can be traded in for:
- Cash. Get it as a direct deposit to a checking or savings account or as statement credit to your AARP credit card.
- Gift cards. Restaurants, clothing, movies, music and more. Starting at 500 points, which equals $5.
- Travel. Flights, hotel stays, cruises and car rentals from Chase Travel Center. There are no blackout dates or restrictions.
- AARP membership. Join or renew for yourself or someone you know.
If you dine out and drive quite a bit, then the AARP credit card could be a good fit. Even if you’re not a senior citizen.
It has a generous 3% cash back rate for restaurant and gas expenses. Only a few other cards on the market can give you a better deal.
But you should opt for another rewards card if your major spending covers categories other than dining and gas.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings