Remitly is an online service that lets people from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Australia send money to family and friends in other countries. The company’s service is digital, so transfers are quick and safe. Check out other referral offers here.
Remitly is so sure that its service works well that it offers a money-back guarantee if you’re not happy with it.
Remitly $20 Sign-Up Bonus & $20 Per Referral
- Get $20 off your first transfer of $100+ when you use our referral link to sign up. Thanks ahead of time if you use our link!
- New customers only
- One per customer
Once you have an active Remitly account, you can start making referrals to earn a $20 discount per qualified referral. Your referrals will also earn a $20 discount when they send $100+ on their first transfer.
- You can make referrals via Email, Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or with your personal link
- You earn a $20 discount when they sign up using your link and successfully send money using Remitly
- Remitly will automatically apply the $20 discount to your next transfer
Remitly: In A Nutshell
|Sending Channels||Remitly website
Remitly mobile app
|Payment Options||US bank account
Debit or credit card
|Delivery Options||Bank account
|Transfer Speed (Express)||Minutes|
|Transfer Speed (Economy)||3 – 5 days|
Remitly: How It Works
You can make one-off international money transfers with Remitly from your laptop or mobile device. The service will deliver the money to a bank account, a partnered physical location for cash pickup, a mobile wallet or delivered to your recipient’s home. Your options depend on the recipient country.
The maximum amount you can send depends on which tier you’re approved for. New users, by default, have a $999 daily limit, a $2,999 weekly limit, a $6,000 monthly limit and a $18,000 six-month limit.
If you want to be approved for higher maximums, all you have to do is submit more personal information and an ID.
Economy vs Express Transfers
Economy transfers are funded with a deposit from your bank account, and the fees are usually low or none. These transfers take three to five days.
Express transfers are funded with your credit card or debit card. The fees are higher, and you might need to pay a card processing fee on top of that. However, your recipient will get their money in a matter of minutes after you make the payment.
To send money from your computer or mobile device, follow these steps:
- Log in or create an account. To register, you’ll need an email address, your date of birth and the last four digits of your Social Security Number or your Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
- Choose your recipient’s country and enter how much you want to send.
- Fill in your recipient’s name and contact information, including their telephone number. If you’re sending a bank deposit, you’ll need their bank details as well.
- Select a payment method. Your options include your bank account, credit card or debit card.
- Confirm your transaction.
- To complete your transfer, click “Send Money.”
- Remitly will send you text updates to your phone to keep you updated on your transaction.
Remitly: Fees & Rates
As with any international money transfer service, you’ll need to watch out for transfer fees and exchange rates.
Transfer fees vary and are based on a handful of factors:
- Transfer amount
- Destination country
- Funding source
- Receiving method
- Economy or express service
|Funding Source||Transfer Amount||Transfer Fees|
|Bank Account||$500 or more||$0|
|Debit Card||–||As low as $4.99|
If you’re funding the transfer with a credit card, you’ll also have to pay 3% of the transaction amount. Debit card transactions come with no extra costs.
Remitly’s exchange rates are typically competitive. To see how much you’ll be charged for a certain transaction, simply create an account and log in. The exchange rates vary due to the same factors that set Remitly’s transfer fees.
Remitly: Transfer Speed
This is where Remity shines. The company can deliver money to your recipient within mere minutes if you use a debit or credit card to fund the transaction. In contrast, transfers using your bank account takes three to five business days to deliver.
Remitly is a quick and secure way to send money abroad. If you choose cash pickup and pay an express transfer fee with a credit or debit card, your money will be ready in minutes. If your dissatisfied with the service, you get your money back, thanks to Remitly’s 100% satisfaction guarantee.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings